The Annual / Preventive Physical is the most common situation when a person visits their physician�s office. The examination means all of the following services:
- Review of an individual's medical and social history, with attention to modifiable risk factors for disease detection, including past medical and surgical history, such as experiences with illnesses, hospital stays, operations, allergies, injuries and treatments, current medication and supplements, family history (including diseases that may be hereditary or place the individual at risk), history of alcohol, tobacco, and illicit drug use, diet, and physical activities.
- Review of an individual's potential (risk factors) for depression , including current or past experiences with depression or other mood disorders, based on the use of an appropriate screening instrument for persons without a current diagnosis of depression.
- Review of the individual's functional ability and level of safety based on the use of appropriate screening questions or a screening questionnaire.
- An examination to include measurement of the individual's height, weight, blood pressure, a visual acuity screen, and other factors.
- Performance and interpretation of Blood Tests, Urine Tests, an EKG and other medical tests as deemed necessary.
- Education, counseling, and referral as deemed appropriate, based on the results of the review and evaluation services described in the previous five elements, including a brief written plan (e.g., a checklist or alternative) provided to the individual for obtaining the necessary services.
- Appropriate screening and other preventive services which includes: vaccines and immunizations, screening mammography, screening pap smear and screening pelvic examinations, prostate cancer screening tests, colorectal cancer screening tests, diabetes screening tests, and diabetes outpatient self-management training services, bone mass measurements, screening for glaucoma, medical nutrition therapy for individuals with diabetes or renal disease and referral to dietician, and cardiovascular screening blood tests.
We ensure performing a full, thorough, comprehensive physical examination that is typically not given in most traditional practices due to time constraints. We offer Annual Preventative Walk-in Physicals to residents in Maryland (MD), Washington DC, and Northern Virginia (VA).